Are you considering an upgrade to your kitchen?
Kitchen is the heart of the home. It is where meals are cooked, bodies are fueled, minds are stimulated, and bonds are created. It also reflects how you and your family live.
Upgrading your kitchen is a crucial undertaking. It can be the most complicated and most expensive project for your home. Before diving in to that decision, there are many things you have to consider.
You have to judge first whether upgrading your kitchen is a want or a need. Taking this action will help you examine your budget and priorities. You don’t want to end up completing your kitchen, but then you’re having a trouble supplying your basic needs.
If you’ve finally decided to push through on upgrading your kitchen, it is important to create a reasonable plan. Here are some questions you need to contemplate:
- How many people live in the house?
- Do you have kids?
- How often is the kitchen used by every individual?
- Who regularly prepares the meal?
- What type of cooking mostly happens in your kitchen?
- What appliances do you use all the time?
- What do you get from the cabinets? What is mostly and rarely used?
- Do you dine in the kitchen or do you only cook in the kitchen?
- When visitors are in, are you going to let them come in to your kitchen? How do you want to hold a party in your kitchen?
- What other activities take place in the kitchen besides cooking?
- What challenges are you facing with your current kitchen that you want to resolve once you upgrade your kitchen?
- What do you love about your current kitchen that you would want to be in your new kitchen?
- What feature do you want to add to your new kitchen?
- What do you think about your current kitchen’s cabinet, countertops, appliances, and flooring?
- Have you thought about your plumbing, electrical and gas lines?
- Do you want to add energy saving and water saving feature to your new kitchen?
- Are you going to buy more appliances?
- What are the top 3 for your kitchen upgrade?
- How do you envision your new kitchen? Do you prefer a traditional look, modern or both?
- What is your ultimate reason for upgrading your kitchen?
Once you’ve laid out your plan, you would want to hire a contractor. Before doing so, here are some questions to think about:
- Do you want to be the general contractor and oversee the project or do you want to hire a project manager?
- Do you want to do any works for the project or do you want to let the contractors do all the work?
- How quickly do you want the project to finish?
If you’re planning a kitchen where you’ll want to live for decades, you have to make the right decision. You can consult an expert like Sotech Asia Construction Firm in Phuket and we’ll definitely help you in providing solutions to your needs from design, architecture, engineering and more.